Research Computing has several node types available on our resources. Each node type is meant for certain tasks. These node types are relatively common for other HPC centers. We will discuss each node type and its intended use below.
- Four virtual machines
- This is where you are when you log in
- Do not use for: computation, compiling code, interactive jobs, or long running processes
- Use for: editing scripts, moving files, scheduling jobs
Users should refer to CURC
- Where you compile code, such as Fortran, C, C++
- No heavy computation
- Submit Jobs
- Access these nodes by typing
ssh scompilefrom a login node
This is where jobs are executed after being passed to the scheduler.
- Intended for heavy computation
- When run an interactive job will be performing tasks directly on the compute nodes