RMACC Access to Alpine¶
Note to existing account holders: As of September 1, 2022, Rocky Mountain Advanced Computing Consortium (RMACC) members are unable to use the XSEDE SSO Hub to log in to CURC systems. Users will instead use Open OnDemand to access RMACC resources.
Requesting an RMACC Account on CURC Resources¶
Step 1: Create an ACCESS-CI account in the ACCESS user portal [Note: If you already have an XSEDE or ACCESS account, please do not create another one – just go to step 2].
Step 2: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and request an account. Please include the following information:
- your ACCESS or XSEDE username
- your institutional affiliation (e.g., “University of Awesome”)
- your role (undergraduate graduate student, postdoc, staff, instructor, faculty or affiliated faculty)
- your department
- your first and last name
- your preferred email address for communication
Step 3: Our team will provision your account and we will follow up with a confirmation email
Step 4: Login to the RMACC OnDemand portal to access CURC resources! The first time you login you will be prompted to set up two-factor authentication.
Logging in to Open OnDemand¶
- Visit https://ondemand-rmacc.rc.colorado.edu. You will be redirected to CILogon.
- Select “ACCESS CI” from the list of identity providers then “Log On”. This will redirect you to the ACCESS login page.
- Enter your ACCESS/XSEDE username and password.
- Select “Login”, then accept the Duo push notification from your device to be directed to the RMACC Open OnDemand homepage.
Shell Access to Compute Nodes¶
The shells visible in the ‘Clusters’ dropdown menu are currently unavailable. Shell access is only available through the JupyterHub terminal.
- Select “Jupyter Notebook” from the drop-down list under Interactive Apps.
- Accept the cluster (
Alpine), partition (
ahub), account (
rmacc-general), QoS (
interactive), number of hours (
1), and cores (
1). Leaving the account field empty will default to
rmacc-general. Anschutz users should instead use
- Select “Launch”.
- Once the interactive session begins running, you can access the terminal in two ways:
- click on the blue button next to Host:. This will launch a shell in a new browser tab.
- select “Connect to Jupyter” to start a Notebook, then click “Terminal” in the launcher tab. You can open additional terminal tabs from the File menu (File -> New Launcher).
Other Features and Tools¶
Additional features and tools in RMACC Open OnDemand are under active development. Please see CURC Open OnDemand documentation for information about monitoring, creating, and editing jobs using the Jobs menu.
Globus Data Transfers¶
Globus data transfers are supported for RMACC users who have current XSEDE.org or future access-ci.org credentials.
The Globus Collection for CURC resources is available at “CU Boulder Research Computing ACCESS” and will require login with credentials from one of those providers.
Once connected Globus can be used to transfer data to:
Notes on data transfer:
scpis currently unavailable to RMACC users
- File transfer using Open OnDemand’s Files menu is limited to < 10 GB per file
Couldn’t find what you need? Provide feedback on these docs!